Freitag, 3. Mai 2013

Die Pfahlbauerin - Albert Anker

In the Museum zu Allerheiligen in Schaffhausen, I had a surprising encounter with Albert Anker, Swiss Artist 1831-1919. I have to confess that I underestimated his art. Frankly I thought his paintings were boring. What a misapprehension! His paintings are full of a special light and the people in his pictures are full of deeply expressed feelings. You have to see it for yourself... ;)

http://www.allerheiligen.ch

If I go to an exhibition I always have my moleskin, pencil and colors with me. I sit in front of my favorite painting for a long time, to really study it and take it in. I try to draw the part of the painting that is fascinating me the most.
I recommend you to try it. You will get a deeper connection to the artwork and always remember what it is that touches you in this painting.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen